Monday, June 22, 2009

And that's why my last name is ISMAIL

Alhamdulillah, I am already one step closer of becoming a Lawyer. Just waiting for the PC [Practising Certificate] and I'm all ready! This entry is not really on the excitement and good times I had during the Call day and the gugu-gaga with the riverians. It's more on the other side, the roads I took, endured and faced to get to where I am today...and that my friend is a journey of which I embraced with a little help of someone named ISMAIL MOHD YUSOF.
..
..
20th June 2009 is the day I shall not forget. The day where my dreams, hopes and desires come together in a court room, witnessed by my family, friends, and learned petitioners. The day where I know for sure that I have made them proud..them, my parents.
___________________________________

One story I would like to share, a story that have changed my life entirely when I heard of it some 15 years ago.
..
The entire school was going for a 2 days trip to Malacca. Only $5 was needed for the trip. All standard 5 students were excited to join. All, except a boy whose father couldnt afford to pay even $5. Determined to go, despite several "No" from the mother, he packed all his clothings in a bag and rushed to the school. He was so mesmerized upon arrival to see 3 buses ready to embark on a journey with a few hundred standard 5 students. Knowing that he had no money to pay the trip, he waited and waited. Waited for a kind teacher to pay for him, to realize that there was a boy, the only boy who would be left alone.
..
He waited.
..
And waited.
..
He couldnt bear it anymore. He just let the tears streaming down his cheeks while seeing all the buses leaving the school compound. Deeply saddened for no one was benevolent to hand him a hope. Not even his teachers.
..
He was shunned for not being able to go.
..
He was abandoned for not being rich enough.
..
He was left alone in the school for being poor.
..
He cried and cried. Too sad to even walk. Too sad to even think.
..
There was his mother, whom had slowly followed him when he rushed out from the house. A mother who came to him and held him close to her chest.
..
A mother who cried along with her son. A mother who understood the pain, the sorrow, the frustration.
..
A mother who later whispered a saying, so clear to the son; "kau belajar betul2 mail, bila kau dah berjaya, ke langit hijau pun kau nak pergi, pergilah"
__________________________________

There is no such thing as "a green sky". But the boy understood it perfectly that with success, he could go anywhere, anywhere farther than Malacca.
..
..
..
..
..
The boy in the story is my father.
__________________________________

A phrase taken from the speech I prepared for the Call:- "She would like to dedicate this memorable day to them especially her father, Encik Haji Ismail bin Haji Mohd Yusof whom she considers as a great influence in her life. The Petitioner has always inspired by his words, stories, determination and success. Everything she does is not only about achieving her ambitions but it is also about fulfilling his hopes and completing his unfinished dreams."
..
When he had to reject the offer by JPA to pursue his Degree in the States, I completed my Degree for him.
..
When his dreams to continue his Master shattered, I'm pursuing my Master for him.
..
You see, grasping the excitement of achieving your dream is one thing, but seeing the smile on your parents' face is another. And that is priceless. Special note to Haji Ismail, no matter where I'd go, or what I'd be, I am forever your daughter and that's why my last name is ISMAIL.

7 comments:

  1. *clap*clap*
    [sapu2 pp..hehe]
    neway faiz,teharu bace cite psl uncle nih.
    apepon faiz,aku nk ko tau yg aku sbg kwn ko mmg rase really proud & epy sbb ko dpt ape yg ko nak..
    yg dr dolu2 ko nak..
    yg dr skolah ko xprnh tukar cite2 ko..
    yg dr dlu mmg dok bedebat dgn rmai org smpai org nek menyampah,tp aku mmg pasti 1 ari nnt ko akan ade kat sni gak..
    dan 20/6/09 buktinyer..
    tabik spring sama lo. *tonyoonyoooingggg*

    ReplyDelete
  2. faiz...aku terharu.
    mmg parents adelah the biggest influence in our live.
    yg penting, we made our parents proud alredi =)itu lah hadiah serba sikit yg kite bleh bagi kt dunia ni..kegembiraan~~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pekja: thanks babe. too much has been done by them. by accomplishing their hopes is the only way to repay their kindness

    imal: i know :)

    mary: cudnt agree more with u babe

    ReplyDelete
  4. wah sedih nye!! meleleh air mate baca.. huhuhu!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. iju: heh..even up till now everytime dgr dr dia pun saya akn nangis..

    ReplyDelete
  6. wah...faiz..abg terharu baca..be a good daughter k..jgn nakal2..;)

    abg cipul&kak azie..abg dh add your blog into my blog list;)

    ReplyDelete