Wednesday, December 8, 2010

And I'm Still Turned On

Ignore the title.
.
So I talked to Ciku *bukan nama sebenar* on my way back to sungai buloh. About life, today and the future. I must say, talking to Ciku does enlighten me on certain aspects. How drastically people can change once they have found a purpose in life. How maturity is not only apparent from your conducts but from your thoughts as well.
.
I was taught differently by my old man. I was raised to understand people's needs, to not being bloody judgmental, to feel what is ought to be felt by your brain instead of your heart. I was raised to be normal.
.
Yes I dont know how it feels like to help your family by selling kuih from house to house, or to break your fasts under the street lamps far from your family, or to be a caddy just to pay for your school fees. I dont know anything about that.
.
But I understand.
.
Because my old man did all of the above without even complaining. He didnt see problems as obstacles but rather opportunities.
.
So, coming back to Ciku. Why I said Ciku enlightens me? Because Ciku reminds me of my old man. Ambitious.

No comments:

Post a Comment