Wednesday, December 8, 2010

When My Blogging mode is turned ON

Ever since I changed the template and almost every single thing about my damn blog, I find my blogging mood kicks in everytime I have the chance to online.
.
I was reading the life of John Lennon when I realized that I sort of abandoned my passion for quality books for quite some times. Instead, I found solace in Ujang and Gila2 (and I know this one particular someone who hates it when I buy them). I started to count every single book that I have and sniffed the pages.
.
I remember how Haji Ismail used to bring home the Star everyday and asked me to read out loud the news. I was eight and reading the Star was a complete hell. He literally forced me to define each word by writing the meaning on top of the sentence. No, he didnt buy me classic storybooks like Cinderella or Beauty and the Beast or Sang Kancil and bla bla bla...he brought me only the Star.
.
The passion for reading developed fast. From the Star I moved to light reading materials. I opted for books while my sisters decided to go for magazines. Ujang and Gila2 were forbidden in my room. They were never in my "to-buy-list".
.
Things changed I guess. My current career doesnt really provide me with ample times to actually sit down and enjoy the pleasure of reading lines by lines and understanding paragraphs by paragraphs. I spend most of my weekends working and working and more working.
.
So tonight while re-arranging my stuff on the drawer, I came across the life of John Lennon. The book I bought somewhere 2 months back. It does put a smile on my face. Like really.

No comments:

Post a Comment